Forget Oktoberfest, let’s go the South Pacific! Tahiti sounds nice… right before the rainy season and just in time for a pre-holidays detox. If you go in November, you could even get a good deal on cruises and airfare, not to mention a lighter crowd, though you might be in for rain as well. Believe us, if we could hop on a plane (or a boat) tomorrow, we would!
If you’re traveling to tropical places this month, what will you bring? This look is a great beach or pool outfit when paired with a wide-brimmed hat and thrown over a strapless Karla suit. With some minimal island-appropriate jewelry it can be a perfect ensemble for touring and dining on the mainland. You can even rock this dress into the evening–just update your jewelry, swish on some mascara, and swap out the sandals for some strappy heels.
Karla Colletto Strapless Twist Bandeau / Mickey Lynn Crystal & Marquis earrings /
Oliver Peoples Marbled Square Emmy sunglasses / Diane von Furstenberg Annie washed silk maxi dress /
Chloe Marcie large shoulder bag / Melissa Odabash Laurianne wide-brimmed hat /
Ettika Hamsa layered necklace / Jules Smith slinky bracelet /
Sondra Roberts woven minaudiere / Marni ankle-strap gladiator sandals
(photos via Tahiti Tourism North America)
It’s hard to believe 2013 is over so soon! Working as we do, in seasons, it’s easy to lose track of the time (we just completed our Early Cruise 2015 collection). As we set out our sparklers and noisemakers for tonight’s festivities (Happy New Year to those of you in parts of the world where the clock has already struck midnight!), we look back fondly at some of the highlights this year has brought. In no particular order:
1. “Royals” by 16-year old pop newcomer Lorde is an international smash hit and the song of 2013
2. Speaking of royals, Will and Kate have a baby: a boy named George
3. The long-awaited Baz Luhrmann adaptation of The Great Gatsby hits the silver screen and turns it gold
4. Human rights icon Nelson Mandela passes away at 95
5. Jennifer Lawrence becomes one of the youngest winners of the “Best Actress” Oscar after her performance in Silver Linings Playbook
6. Lululemon issues a recall for allegedly sheer yoga pants (followed by controversial words from the company’s CEO months later)
7. Punk gets its moment at the Met Costume Institute’s annual exhibit and gala
8. “Selfie” is named “2013 Word of the Year” by Oxford Dictionaries
9. Regardless of how you felt about it, Miley Cyrus couldn’t keep out of the headlines this year, from racy videos to red carpet eyebrow-raisers…
10. Beyoncé shows off her post-Blue figure on the cover of Shape in April (wearing a Karla Colletto suit!)
11. Starlet and synchronized swimming pioneer Esther Williams passes away at 91
12. Motivational messages from Kid President go viral
13. The Karla Colletto world comes to life in a Cruise 2014 fashion film
14. Marc Jacobs announces he is stepping down as creative director of Louis Vuitton after 16 years
15. Michelle Obama debuts new bangs in time for the Inauguration
As with each coming new year, we look forward to a promising 2014: a new round of awards shows and fashion weeks, big blockbuster remakes and sequels… the Sochi Winter Olympics will kick off soon… and who knows what other surprises this year has in store… From all of us at Karla Colletto, cheers to an amazing 2014!
Do you remember the enchanting underwater video lookbook we did for Cruise 2013? The big reveal for Cruise 2014’s video is just weeks away! We can’t wait to share with you! You are sure to love it! Keep an eye out for the real countdown (hint: it’s sometime in October) and prepare yourselves for an ADVENTURE!
In the meantime, a walk down memory lane…
Well, that was a quick November! Our final post in the Best Fit series focuses on tips for creating flattering proportions. Hope you find it helpful!
We shot the Cruise 2013 catalog back in June. Here are some quick iPhone photos from behind the scenes.